Date: October 18 – 19, 2016
Location: Crowne Plaza Hotel, 1221 Chess Drive, Foster City, CA 94404
This two-day summit, located in the eclectic Bay Area, unites industry professionals in an interactive setting to share updates and discuss trends in the realm of viral safety and viral clearance. Also, during the summit, four of the top virus filter companies will present case studies and/or recent data on how their filters meet the challenges of virus removal for your products. The collegial spirit of this meeting will create exceptional opportunities for information sharing and networking in the heart of biotech, the San Francisco Bay Area.
An Update on Efforts for Using Next Generation Sequencing for Adventitious Virus Detection
Dr. Arifa Khan, Supervisory Senior Investigator, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Office of Vaccines Research and Review
Several advanced nucleic acid based technologies have emerged with capabilities for broad virus detection. Next generation sequencing (NGS) has the potential for identification of both known and novel viruses without prior knowledge of virus genome sequences. Therefore, NGS may complement the currently recommended testing for the presence of unknown viruses, including latent and endogenous viruses that may not be detected by the conventional assays. This presentation will describe the need for new virus detection methods, challenges for using NGS, and ongoing efforts for detection of adventitious viruses by NGS.
Along with Dr. Khan, we are excited to welcome many industry scientists to speak at this summit, including:
- Dr. Kurt Brorson, Lab Chief, Division of Biotech Research and Review II,
Office of Biotechnology Products, CDER/US Food and Drug Administration
- Dr. Houman Dehghani, Director, Cellular Resources Department, Amgen
- Dr. Paul Duncan, Senior Principal Scientist, Vaccine Analytical Development, Merck Research
- Dr. Ivar Kljavin, Director Global Biologics QC, Genentech
- Dr. Nathan Roth, Director, Pathogen Safety, CSL Behring
- Prof. Marc Eloit, President & Chief Scientific Officer, PathoQuest/Institut Pasteur
- Dr. Shengjiang Shawn Liu, Head and Principal Scientist, Pathogen Safety Department, Bayer
- Dr. Jens-Peter Gregersen, Biomedicines Consultant
- Dr. Horst Ruppach, Global Director of Viral Safety and Viral Clearance, Charles River
- Dr. Martin Volmer, Site Director, Charles River
For more information or to register visit the event page at www.criver.com/summit16.