Big3Bio provides recaps for events in the SFBay region, from major partnering/investor meetings to private forums and discussions. Check out all of the event recaps by Big3Bio correspondents here.
NOTE: Scroll through events via your browser’s SCROLL BAR on the right.
The Precision Medicine World Conference (PMWC), in its 13th installment, will take place in Silicon Valley on January 22-24, 2018. The program will traverse innovative
The Precision Medicine World Conference (PMWC), in its 13th installment, will take place in Silicon Valley on January 22-24, 2018. The program will traverse innovative technologies, thriving initiatives, and clinical case studies that enable the translation of precision medicine into direct improvements in health care. Conference attendees will have an opportunity to learn first-hand about the latest developments and advancements in precision medicine and cutting-edge new strategies and solutions that are changing how patients are treated.
- More than 70 sessions with 250+ thought-provoking, insightful talks that cover all facets of precision medicine
- Five tracks will showcase sessions on the latest advancements in precision medicine which include, but are not limited to:
- Advancements in liquid biopsy applications
- AI and machine learning opportunities and applications
- Big data and emerging technology applications that enable precision medicine
- Biomarker and companion diagnostics
- Cancer and rare disease diagnostics
- Clinical NGS applications
- Clinical trial developments
- Clinical-decision support
- CRISPR technologies
- Digital, mHealth, and Telehealth
- Drug discovery challenges and opportunities
- Economics and socio-political aspects of PM
- Immunotherapy applications
- Infectious disease ID and monitoring
- Large scale human genetics application in genomic medicine and drug discovery
- Liquid biopsy applications
- Metabolomics in precision medicine
- Overcoming data sharing
- Precision medicine initiatives
- The All of Us Research Program
- The human microbiome
- The importance of patient engagement
- Updates on data and regulatory policies
- Valued-based healthcare
- Wellness & Aging
- Up-and coming company showcases
One track will be dedicated to the various aspects of the All of Us Research Program, while another session will focus on educating California’s legislators.
- A lineup of 200+ highly regarded speakers featuring pioneering researchers and authorities across the healthcare and biotechnology sectors – browse select PMWC 2017 SV recorded sessions
- Luminary and Pioneer Awards, honoring individuals who contributed, and continue to contribute, to the field of Precision Medicine
- 1500+ multidisciplinary attendees, from across the entire spectrum of healthcare, representing different types of companies, technologies, and medical centers with leadership roles in precision medicine
january 22 (Monday) - 24 (Wednesday)
Presenter's Biography: Jonathan Norris | Managing Director, Silicon Valley Bank Jon Norris is a managing director for SVB's Healthcare practice. Norris oversees business development efforts
Jonathan Norris | Managing Director, Silicon Valley Bank
Jon Norris is a managing director for SVB’s Healthcare practice. Norris oversees business development efforts for banking and lending opportunities as well as spearheading strategic relationships with many healthcare venture capital firms. He also helps SVB Capital through sourcing and advising on direct equity co-investment and limited partnership allocations.
In addition, he has authored numerous thought leadership pieces examining the flow of capital into healthcare, including detailed analysis of venture-backed M&A and IPOs. Norris has more than thirteen years of banking experience working with life science companies and venture capital firms.
Norris earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of California, Riverside and a juris doctorate from Santa Clara University.
About Jon Norris spends most of his non-banking time with his family in Los Altos, attending and coaching many youth sports. An avid baseball fan, he still plays baseball in a men’s baseball league in San Jose.
(Thursday) 8:00 am - 10:00 am
Biocom invites you to join us on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 for a Life Science Executive Breakfast at BioMed Realty’s Pacific Research Center in Newark, CA. Network with fellow life science
Biocom invites you to join us on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 for a Life Science Executive Breakfast at BioMed Realty’s Pacific Research Center in Newark, CA.
Network with fellow life science executives along the “84 corridor” on the eastern shore of the Dumbarton Bridge. Our speakers will provide insight into the larger Bay Area life science ecosystem and funding environment, and Fremont and Newark economic development officials will be on hand to provide information on resources available to life science companies.
This is a FREE event, but pre-registration is required.
Who should Attend:
Life Science C-Level Executives
(Wednesday) 8:30 am - 10:30 am